Saturday, September 12, 2009

Congratulations JM




Yesterday was surely a very very sad day for all who witnessed or were directly involved in the Terrorist attacks on the Twin Towers and my thoughts and prayers would surely go out to all.

However on a much brighter happy note I want to congratulate my son John Michael on flying his first solo flight in a Cessna 172 N35111 , he had flown solo previously to that in a glider but never in a powered aircraft so he was feeling very proud, hopefully he will continue to learn and make progress to complete his studies and one day be a fully trained commercial airline pilot,
from Chester and I "well done " Johnnie ( :

3 comments:

Mike said...

How cool is that!

When I was a kid, my dad had a share in a couple of planes, (even back then it was really expensive to own a plane) and we would fly all over the place; to Albuquerque, NM for lunch or sometimes up to Liberal Kansas for breakfast.

I remember the day my dad sold his last ahare; he had a thousand dollar bill in the "wad" of money. (They don't use that denomination now)

I met a guy who also was in a "share" club and he took me flying several times, told me I was pretty good at it. I always wanted to get my license, but there's always that money thing, y'know?

It's a tradition in many places to cut the back out of the shirt someone wears while first soloing, the insinuation being it had been soaked through during the ordeal.

Tell Johnnie congrats from me, too!

Mike said...

"last SHARE", not "ahare", although we raised rabbits, too. -grin-

Alison said...

Thanks Mike, yes Johnnie said they did cut his shirt but unfortunately he didn't get any more photos , it is a very expensive course he is on and we are praying we find the funds to finish it, silly university rules will not allow him to work off the campus right now and even not allow him before he is 21 to live in outside accomodation , the campus accomodation is a lot more expensive too ) :
He could have had a scholarship had he completed the Cyprus military but unfortunately he didn't so we lost a good lot of help there , and now unless he has a green card he can't obtain a scholarship from here either , I keep telling him to go 'busking ' with his guitar someplace but I think even that is illegal here in the USA .