Sunday, February 8, 2009

Tradgedy






I know it happens many times over that people make thoughtless silly mistakes in life that can and have ended in tradgedy , but somehow I got so upset when I heard this Sherrif Bob Bratton take on such a mean attitude when discussing the loss of life because of the fishermen not heeding warnings and advice issued to them beforehand , the first words he uttered were about money, yes he did say he was sorry about the deaths ,he just didn't sound it ,I am sure the families of the poor guys who lost their lives feel so bad without having to hear one mans unfeeling comments about their loved ones acting so irresponsible being broadcast like that , there is a time and place for everything to be said and in my opinion he should have shut his mouth in this instance .
My heart goes out to all the families involved with the loss , we all make mistakes and unfortunately those fishermen made one that cost them thier lives.

1 comment:

Mike said...

That's horrible.

We had something very similar happen over the weekend. A family was having a picnic at the local recreation park lake and they noticed two very small children were in the lake.

One was close enough for them to get but but the reason given for them not being able to get the other child out was because of the temp. of the water.

Granted, the water is cold, cold enough to stop someone's heart, but I can't imagine a mother or father letting that stop them. I know it wouldn't have stopped my folks from trying and I doubt that it would've you, either.

Those are just my thoughts and I wouldn't really want to publicly criticise them over it, but still....